ExtraFax for Exchange 3.0 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - Mar 11, 2016
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 3.0. This new major release contains many new features, essential enhancements and fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 3.0
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
- Multiple email addresses can be specified in the user record. Multiple email addresses in Active Directory User records are now synchronized to ExtraFax user record.
- OAuth 2.0 support enables integration with Office 365, Google Apps, Dropbox and Box.
- Data Protection option enables encryption and signing of fax jobs and fax logs.
- In System Configuration, a "Web Session Timeout" setting is added. ExtraFax web user will be logged off after some time of inactivity and the user must logon again to continue.
- In the Organization/User Preference, you can specify to remove fax content when outbound fax job is done.
- In the Organization/Inbound Routing Configuration, you can specify to remove fax content when automatic inbound routing is done.
- In the Organization, you can specify to remove fax content after manual routing.
- In the Organization/User Preference, an "Enforce" checkbox is added next to the "Cover Page" field. By default, the "Cover Page" setting specified in the outbound job would take precedence over the setting specified in the User Preferences record. In case you want the "Cover Page" setting specified in the User Preferences to take precedence, you can accomplish this by selecting the "Enforce"option.
- In the Organization/User Preference, an "Enforce" checkbox is added next to the "Fax Attachments Only" field. By default, the "Fax Attachments Only" setting specified in the outbound job would take precedence over the setting specified in the User Preferences record. In case you want the "Fax Attachments Only" setting specified in the User Preferences to take precedence, you can accomplish this by selecting the "Enforce"option.
- In ExtraFax API, previously, only system administrators can submit fax jobs on behalf of other ExtraFax users. However, in some situations, you may want a fax application to submit fax jobs on behalf of other users but you do not want to grant system administrator right to it. Now, a new role called "Application Users" is added in ExtraFax so that user who is assigned to this role represents a fax application and it can submit fax jobs on behalf of other users (even it is not a system administrator).
- Server "Cluster Mode" option is provided. In a multiple ExtraFax servers environment, you can configure the cluster mode of a ExtraFax server to be "Standby Server" and faxes will not be sent through the fax ports of that server.
- Support non-ascii characters in fax header line.
- Capability to send auto-reply back to the fax sender based on Caller ID or CSID.
- You can specify multiple job directories for File-based Faxing.
- Allow to import user preference records from CSV file.
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 3.0 contains several fixes and updates:
- Billing code in sent log is empty when fax transmission failed. Fixed.
- When searching archived faxes, if the search result size is large, infinite loop may occur. Fixed.
- During archiving faxes, it may produce a lot of files in the temporary directory and cause hard disk out of space. Fixed.
- Cannot open attachments in the archived fax view. Fixed.
- If ExtraFax API is used to submit a fax job and the fax body contains newline, the rendered cover page image will skip the newlines. Fixed.
- Brooktrout Driver updated to 6.7.3
For new installation, please:
1. Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide.
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax for Exchange:
Important: Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 3.0 license key before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan.
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for maintenance plan pricing.
1. Backup your existing ExtraFax SQL Database and make note of any customizations.
2. Open ExtraFax Management Console. Stop all ExtraFax services.
3. In ExtraFax Management Console. Double-click License. Enter the new license key. Quit the ExtraFax Management Console.
(You can choose to update the license key after step 6. In that case, you can skip step 3.)
4. Run the new ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax for Exchange 3.0.
5. At the end of the installation, you will be asked to open the ExtraFax Management Console. Please open it. This will connect to the SQL Server and upgrade the database.
6. You will see a confirmation dialog box on success of the database upgrade. ExtraFax services will be started automatically.
ExtraFax for Exchange Product Page
Request a Live Web Demo
Request Product Quotation
Download ExtraFax for Exchange
ExtraFax Virtualization for Microsoft Exchange Quick Reference Guide
For more information on ExtraFax for Exchange, please contact Extracomm or an Authorized Extracomm Reseller.