1. Backup your existing extrafax.nsf and make note of any customizations. In advance of upgrading ExtraFax you should make sure that the design elements in your extrafax.nsf are not marked as "Prohibit design refresh or replace to modify"), otherwise the database design upgrade process may not complete properly.
2. For Brooktrout fax board users, backup the following files from Domino/Notes program directory (Brooktrout 4.9.1 or earlier version drivers), or from C:\Program Files\Brooktrout\Config directory (Brooktrout 5.2 or greater version drivers).
(Skip a particular file if it does not exist)
3. For users of Brooktrout TR1034/TruFax/SR140, if you are currently using Brooktrout 4.7.1 - 6.7.3 driver, please download and reinstall with the latest Brooktrout 6.7.5 driver.
4. Run the ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax 9.5.1.
5. You will now be prompted to specify the ExtraFax license key during the ExtraFax Server installation process.
6. Following the installation of ExtraFax, when you start ExtraFax it will automatically upgrade the design of extrafax.nsf (Highly Recommended)
if you have chosen to do so as prompted in the setup program.
7. Following the completion of the automatic design upgrade, manually apply any previous database customizations (if any) to the post office database if necessary.
8. You can manually update the database title from the Basics tab of the Database Properties box to reflect the updated version of ExtraFax.
9. Restart the ExtraFax server and test to confirm that it is running normally.
The following feature / software is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 9.0:
The following fax boards are no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.0: