ExtraFax 9.5.2 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - April 25, 2019
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax 9.5.2 for IBM Notes/Domino. This new maintenance release contains many innovative new features, essential enhancements and critical fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax 9.5.2
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
- ExtraFax now supports installations on Windows Server 2019
- ExtraFax now supports the use of Brooktrout 6.9.2 driver
- Support using Adobe Acrobat 2017/DC to generate searchable PDF files on sent and/or received faxes
- Send SMS messages through an Email-to-SMS gateway service provider
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax 9.5.2 contains several fixes and updates since ExtraFax 9.5.1:
- Avoid potential Domino server crash if the "Embed the First Fax Page into the Received Log" setting in Port Control document has been set to "No".
- etherFax: enforced to use TLS 1.2
- ExtraFax Log Viewer: bug fixes
- Mail-in Database Faxing: fixed a bug in validating mail-in database name
- ExtraFax API: fixed a bug that may crash the Domino server when trying to remove attachment caption text
For new installation, please:
Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide.
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax:
Important: Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 9.5.2 license key before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan or Standard Maintenance Plan for ExtraFax 9.5.
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for maintenance plan pricing.
* SMS/MMS port is under license (port/channel) control.
For ExtraFax Enterprise and Standard licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax board channel.
For ExtraFax Lite and UltraLite licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax modem port.
* Discontinued support of features or devices:
1. Backup your existing extrafax.nsf and make note of any customizations. In advance of upgrading ExtraFax you should make sure that the design elements in your extrafax.nsf are not marked as "Prohibit design refresh or replace to modify"), otherwise the database design upgrade process may not complete properly.
2. For users of Brooktrout TR1034/TruFax/SR140, if you are currently using Brooktrout 6.7.5 driver or an earlier version, please download and reinstall with the latest Brooktrout 6.9.2 driver.
3. Run the ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax 9.5.2.
4. You will now be prompted to specify the ExtraFax license key during the ExtraFax Server installation process.
5. Following the installation of ExtraFax, when you start ExtraFax it will automatically upgrade the design of extrafax.nsf (Highly Recommended) if you have chosen to do so as prompted in the setup program.
6. Following the completion of the automatic design upgrade, manually apply any previous database customizations (if any) to the post office database if necessary.
7. You can manually update the database title from the Basics tab of the Database Properties box to reflect the updated version of ExtraFax.
8. Restart the ExtraFax server and test to confirm that it is running normally.
The following feature / software is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 9.0:
|Unsupported Operating Systems||Suggested Replacement|
|Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server||Windows 7/8/10/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016/2019|
|Unsupported Domino Versions||Suggested Replacement|
|IBM Notes/Domino 7.0.x||IBM Notes/ Domino 8.0.x / 8.5.x / 9.0.x / 10.0.x|
|Unsupported Feature||Suggested Replacement|
|Skype SMS||None (due to the discontinuation of the Skype's Desktop API)|
The following device is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.5:
|Unsupported Device||Suggested Replacement|
|Nokia Symbian mobiles (for MMS)||Any GPRS modem, e.g. MultiTech MultiModem GPRS|
The following fax boards are no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.0:
|Unsupported Device||Suggested Replacement|
|Legacy Non-RoHS Compliant Brooktrout TruFax Analog and TR114||Brooktrout TR1034|
|GammaLink||Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034|
|Donjin||Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034|
Download ExtraFax 9.5.2 for Notes/Domino
Maintenance Plan Descriptions
List of Resellers
ExtraFax Product Page